gallery






HdM-Serpentine-6399-365.jpg
HdM-Serpentine-6153-365.jpgThis design reminds me of a sewer disk being removed from the street. I guess the glass is suppose to reflect nature and not be so glaring. Inside the cork acts like a sound buffer so it's not so loud. I think the intended experience is for people to explore the earth and take time to sit, socialize or read a book. I think that the designer was successful in this. Most people are curious and enjoy opportunities to explore beneath different types of surfaces. It engages with it's surroundings by having a somewhat reflective surface. It also is grey and reminds me of a typical London day. Having the opening at human height allows people to look in which makes it inviting but still gives the interior space some mystery.

No comments :

Post a Comment